Makita Dust Bag

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyNC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need a few words of enlightenment.

I need a dust bag for a Makita 1901 planer. When I search for a dust bag on google I can't tell if "with a nozzle" means that it will fit directly into my planer or whether I need and adaptor as well. I've looked at a few sites selling spares and they don't seen to sell adaptors so I don't quite know what I need.

The Makita uk web site sells a bag but the picture is generic and they don't seem to list an adaptor.

Can some tell me if I need and adaptor or just a bag with a nozzle.

Many thanks

Andy

Just noticed I've posted this in the wrong area. If a moderator reads this could you please move it to a better place such as General Woodworking. Thanks

I use to have an old makita planer and the bag was cack. It would have wire inside that was meant to hold the bag apart- instead it use to cause it to clog. Not sure if we're thinking of the same bag :???:

I bought a plastic juice container and put a plumbing fitting on the bottom. It saves jeffing around trying to undo the zip everytime as you simply just lift up the clips that hold the lid on and tip out- blockages seem to be a thing of the past also. It isn't the prettiest of things to look at but works a darn lot better than the bag ever did.

Back