makita 3612 router help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shim20

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all was using this other day and stoped blue sparks etc, so took apart armature was burnt looking so got a new one and some brushes, still abit sparky but not as bad and no burning smell but the electronic brake dosent work or the speed controller so my next guess is the controller unit if so i will have to get a new one as thats £190 :shock:
any advice would be great help thanks

Define "still abit sparky", Also, what is working and what isn't. Your explanation is a bit loose.

May be better off buying a second hand unit and butchering the parts you need. It's worth saving if you can, the 3612 and variants are superb machines.

Wow! thats expensive, I would look at a second-hand router on EBay.

Pete

shed9":2t7pb5hp said:
Define "still abit sparky", Also, what is working and what isn't. Your explanation is a bit loose.

May be better off buying a second hand unit and butchering the parts you need. It's worth saving if you can, the 3612 and variants are superb machines.

the speed controler is not working and the electronic brake dosent work was great tool not had much use when i got it second hand years ago, will buy a new one if this can not be saved with in reason already spent £70 on it :?
cheers

May also be worth stripping out the controller to see if its serviceable. If it has been damaged and the circuit isn't potted, you may be able to identify the damaged component. If this is the case you may have the option of having it repaired.

shed9":2e0ar8sz said:
May also be worth stripping out the controller to see if its serviceable. If it has been damaged and the circuit isn't potted, you may be able to identify the damaged component. If this is the case you may have the option of having it repaired.

thanks will do will let you know how i get on really dont want to have to get a new one love this one everything was so positive with it
cheers

Latest posts

Back