• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Spit 385

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superduner

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a forlorn cry for help from me to the workshop community for a spare part for a Spit 385 sds drill.

One of the things I do to help pass the time in retirement is to try to fix “stuff”, mainly tools from my mate Dave the builder, whose artisans have a knack of breaking tools in imaginative ways.

Their latest victim is the Spit, which suddenly lost power, but without any escape of the magic black smoke.

I’ve found out that the drill is pretty much a repackaged Bosch 110v GBH 8 DCE. After much measuring of continuity from the plug, and of the armature and field, I’m pretty sure that the speed regulator has failed. That’s a Bosch part 1 617 233 017. There is no sign, or smell of burning, but it’s the only thing that is left as an option.

I’ve attached a parts diagram which includes (bottom lh corner) a wiring diagram, but I can’t tell from that which circuit the rheostat controls. I’m assuming the voltage across the brushes? I’ve also attached a photo of the regulator.

Anyway, I’ve searched the net from top to bottom and cannot find part number 1 617 233 017 - well except a really mouldy looking one on Ebay.. Even Bosch don’t have any.

Can anybody help me in my quest? Maybe someone with a Spit with a seized gearbox, or burnt out field coil?

Spit Speed Controller.jpg

Attachments

• Spit Parts Diagram.pdf
    63.6 KB · Views: 6
Back