Makita 1019L mitre saw fence query

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter27

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had my Makita 1019L mitre saw about 3 years from new and have generally been pleased with it but today I noticed that the rear fence with the height extensions attached (as in picture) was not square to the base, in fact the fence sloped backwards around 3 to 4mm from bottom to top using my trusted square.
I can't see any adjustment that I can make to rectify this, for the moment I loosened the rear fences 4 allen screws and by fitting shims under the back of the fence just behind the allen screws I have got it a lot nearer to vertical but its not perfect yet.
Am I missing something or is it not supposed to be vertical?
Thanks.

Makita-LS1019L-Miter-Saw-Review-02.jpg

If i can remember, I'll check mine tomorrow. Have you googled it?

User’s manual if you have it , has your saw been dropped or stood on , any recent severe kickback issues? If no to these possibilities then has this issue been there for longer than you realise- I’d scrutinise your saw for the problem as if you have made it true with shims then that was not how it was designed. Hopefully someone will help you further who has the same saw .

Thanks for your reply's the saw was new when I got it and has only had light use, it has never been damaged or dropped, worse thing that has happened I was cutting a thin strip of hard wood and the strip vanished when I cut it, I later found it jammed up in the blade cover acting as a brake pad slowing the motor down.
I haven't found anything about the fence problem after having a quick look online.
It would be handy if you would check your saw to see if it is the same please. I guess it only really matters when cutting wood vertically with a mitre which I have never needed to do yet.

Back