Magazines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J D Architectural Joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
What magazines are out there with regards to working with wood.

Theres no point in me asking which is best as it will all depend on the individual. Its a few years now since I read or saw one.

They are thin on the ground in shops these days. You have Good Woodworking, British Woodworking, Practical Woodworking, Furniture and Cabinetmaker and more I have forgotten.

I'd recommend a look at F&C and also Fine Woodworking which is an American publication but you can subscribe via their website for peanuts.

The one I subscribe to is F&C but having just read a copy of British Woodworking I found that to be reasonable as well, different sort of approach - Rob

Also there is "The Woodworker". And not forgetting the US mags, "Fine Woodworking" and "Popular Woodworking", as well as a few others.
Borders is a good place to find the US mags.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

British Woodworking is about the best UK mag. I would have recommended Good Woodworking until a recent bad experience.

As for the US mags I have read a few Fine Woodworking issues and found them to be very good.

Cheers

Mike

I'd also recommend British Woodworking. In my opinion, Good Woodworking is heading on the right track again (they seem to have lost some support since they changed hands last year).

F&C is also a good "Trade" magazine but may not be everyone's cup of tea... :oops:

http://www.cwc.ca/Publications/WDB+Magazine/index.htm

Now if this could be tuned to a british version, even on a quarterly basis, this is more my kind of stuff. I suppose I'm more in tune with a builder than a cabinet maker, though if its made of wood I will put my hands to it. The closest I come to making furniture is Shop fitting, and I don't class that as true cabinet (furniture) making.

Latest posts

Back