Mafell KSS60 18v crosscutting saw and OSB.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of makita 18v brushless circ saws, they are a good balance of power, weight etc. The only thing to remember is to keep the blades in reasonable condition as they sap power big style when blunt

My local Lidl are selling their Festool clone ( cordless 20v ) in 10 days..Only reviews so far are Czech, via youtube, but it appears to be a ( patents have run out ) clone.
€140.oo with two tracks, but no battery included.part of their "performance" range, so 5 year guarrantee.
PARKSIDE PERFORMANCE 20 V cordless plunge saw PPTSA 20-Li
Maybe @petermillard will take a look when it becomes available in the UK?

Last edited:
My local Lidl are selling their Festool clone ( cordless 20v ) in 10 days..Only reviews so far are Czech, via youtube, but it appears to be a ( patents have run out ) clone.
€140.oo with two tracks, but no battery included.part of their "performance" range, so 5 year guarrantee.
PARKSIDE PERFORMANCE 20 V cordless plunge saw PPTSA 20-Li
Maybe @petermillard will take a look when it becomes available in the UK?

I’ve been looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh. For some reason they are available in the Lidl/Parkside online shop in some countries and not others - Poland at roughly £132 equivalent, Germany €149 (seems to include battery & charger/no tracks) but not listed for Spain, which is annoying as both my brother and sister have houses there.

First impressions, very good. Not sure why we can get a US version c/w batteries, charger and bag on the mainland for
€ 190.00 though and it's a shame it's made of Chinesium, but there you go.

Works good thoughbut and I'm happy. I'll see how it gets on tomorrow, but I'm confident that it's going to be just the ticket.
Update after a days use on OSB

Battery life with 2x 18v 5Ah batteries : Very good and loads of charge left, cut 8 boards with 2 cuts each 20mm thick OSB.

Dust collection with a plug in Henry sucker : Leaves much to be desired, collects dust but it doesn't do the chips, which exit the front. Could be Henry's fault..

Noise : Not too noisy.

Weight : On the hefty side.

For a £200 saw not inc batteries, I think it's very good and a good starting point for cordless sawing.

Here's a photo of part of one of the ceilings.

IMG_1441.JPG

Back