MAC Timbers Open Day - 26th May

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have, most recently with Elm and brown Oak. Good choice, will plane for you if required, and he's a nice bloke.

I think all of his timber is from within 25 miles, and he does the lot from tree to boards himself.

I missed most of the last open day due to local flooding. By the time I'd found a route there it was all but over. There were a few tool stalls in the village hall, tea and cake and a barbecue.

John

Random Orbital Bob":3fypntwr said:
Ive looked at their website and they sound delightful. Has anyone had any experience?

I know him well. He gave me a piece of burr oak for photographing woodpeckers at the nest in his garden 4 years ago. I've still got it & one day I'll turn it!

He's a really good bloke. I'll have to drop in soon.

btw. He built his own kitchen. It looks fantastic!

Steve
Now you tell me - I could have saved the postage for some Bristol levers I've just bought from you!

Glynne

Hi, Andy

Yes please to the gauges.

See you there chaps!

Pete

Hi, Chaps

Well what a place! Timber as far as the eye can see, Mike Cawthorne is a nice chap with a real passion for what he does.

Mike Cawthorne

Timber piles

More

The Saw Mill

The BIG band saw

Quarter sawn Oak plank

I had a good chat with the legendary Bill Carter

And drooled over some of his work

Had a good chat to Rich Arnold
He tried out a plane.

Rich also demonstrated one of his complex moulding planes

Steve and Glynne Watched on.

Had a great day talked to some nice people saw some inspiring timber, bought some timber.

Pete

Yes, most enjoyable, it is just a pity that it was not better attended. But I now know where to get my English oak from.
BTW, Pete:
Racers":18bw0hmp said:
Rich also demonstrated one of his complex moulding planes

Nice camera, pity it doesn't focus... :)
Thanks for driving, much appreciated.
S

Motion blur, Steve :D

I has it set to single focus, not continuous with 3D tracking.

Pete

Nice photos Pete! Was a great day out and I've got 3.5cu ft of oak now back in the workshop awaiting the next project.
Mike truly is a great guy and extremely knowledgeable.

Was nice to put a name to a face and meet you Steve and Pete (sorry for not introducing myself, I didn't realise you were a fellow forum member).

All the best, Tom.

Back