LV LA Jack + LA Block

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, I am off the the US next week and was considering getting a decent plane or two while over there. Having read all the reviews and watched all the discussions I was reckoning on getting a Lee Valley Low Angle Jack and a Lee Valley Block. Is there any way in which I am likely to be disappointed either of these? Use will be furniture making so want something with a reasonable weight hence a Jack rather than smoother.

Someone commented here that Mr Brown had increased the personal allowance from outside the EU to £1000 but I notice that he made the same announcement in the recent budget as well. Did this ever go through or am I still limited to £145.

Andrew

Good choices - although not sure how much you'll save bringing them back from the US.
I think Mr Brown tried to get the duty free allowance up to £1000 last year but only £340 was allowed. This year he was saying he's still going to try and get it increased to £1000 (by 2011?).
But I'm not sure when that £340 comes in - it may have already done so in Januuary ... Someone will no doubt confirm one way or the other. [Edit just found out 1st Jan 2007 :(.]
Cheers
Gidon

andrewm":27cfyydx said:
Is there any way in which I am likely to be disappointed either of these?
If you expect them to make the tea, re-grout the bathroom and so forth, probably yes... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":11mvwlz9 said:
andrewm":11mvwlz9 said:
Is there any way in which I am likely to be disappointed either of these?
If you expect them to make the tea, re-grout the bathroom and so forth, probably yes... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

yep they only make coffee :wink: :roll:

Martyn

Back