lucky me!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a business trip coming up next month to San Jose :) might have time to visit san francisco too
Anyone know what tool shops are worth a visit in the area.

Tom

Not too much, although there is one of the well-known Woodcraft stores in Dublin across the bay> I believe there's now one in Santa Rosa south of SF, too. When I lived there I used to frequent CB Tool in San Jose (about 50 miles south of SF, but I lived in Mountain View). Look for a ZIP code of (CA) 94xxx and you'll be in the Bay Area.

Scrit

scrit you never cease to amaze me you seem to know everything because you have actually done it :shock:

There is a woodcraft in San Carlos, about 2 minutes off the 101 roughly halfway between San F. and San Jose.

1121 Industrial Rd
San Carlos, CA 94070-4106, US

Last time I was over there I spent a good hour or so mooching around in there and the shop staff are very helpful and friendly.

By some weird coincidence I bumped into "Rural Platypus" another UKWORKSHOP member that night - small world!

Little Gloat - off to Boston tomorrow and there is a Lee Valley Parcel waiting for me at the hotel :D Unfortunatley the low angle jack is out of stock :cry:

Have fun.

Ed

My 'Murrican geography is hazy to say the least, but Scrit mentions the Bay Area so I dunno if there's anywhere listed in the BAG's FAQ. FWIW anyway.

Cheers, Alf

Don't miss a visit to the Japan Woodworker, just across the bay from SF in Alameda. The staff are great, they have a huge range of very tempting japanese chisels & saws, as well as a good stock of Lie-Nielsen & Veritas stuff. Highly recommended. Slightly fun to find from the freeway if memory serves me right, so take a detailed map.

http://japanwoodworker.com/page.asp?content_id=6271

disclaimer: no affiliations etc, just a satisfied customer.

Cheers

RP

PS just re-read Ed's post. He spent the entire evening gloating over his newly-acquired Lie-Nielsens, consequently I had to feed my addiction and the following day returned home with a 4 1/2 smoother. Ed - it's all your fault...

Mr Platypus,

Happy to accept some responsibility, but as you and I know your collection of ductile iron indicated that you were well down the slope whilst I was just peering over the edge. :)

Catch you later.

Ed

Back