Lucky boy!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I am in possession of the said mask, I don't think it would have completely prevented any injury but I have to say I reckon there would have been a lot less facial damage. I would still have taken a tremendous whack on the head but it would have no doubt helped to soften the blow.
I tried to do some more today but it really seems to have knocked my confidence despite having the mask on - which I thoroughly recommend. One down point is that when the weather is cold, the air it blows in feels very cold but no doubt once it starts warming up it should be fine.
I've taken the plunge and will be getting a Jet 3520b lathe and it should be with me by next week so once that's up and running it'll be non stop turning for me.
I've also ordered a pair of X-ray specs off eBay so I can spot any hidden shakes, a bargain at only £4.99!

It's six inches in diameter and was going at about 1050 rpm so not a million miles from the recommended max speed.
As an aside, the 3M Versaflo face mask has arrived and I can only say what a fantastic piece of kit it is. A bit pricey but the sense of security I get now with it on is huge.
Can't wait for my new Jet 3520B lathe to arrive next week (rubbing hands and smiling)

Back