Loving Spoon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawdustMaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I posted a WIP in the Projects, workshop tours and past mistakes forum and stevebuk recommended I also post here.

here is the link to the WIP https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/welsh-loving-spoon-wip-t45050.html

The Scroll Saw is a Delta variable speed model No 40-540 and after a bit of tuning to make it square it seems to run well. Vibration is an issue at full speed but I guess I could bolt it down. For this project I just used a medium cutting speed with a reverse tooth No3 blade (I think :roll:, blades and sizes are all still new to me). I aim to try some flying dutchmen blades from Mike's Workshop some time.

The scroll saw worked well and I managed to cut the entire spoon out with out breaking a blade so I guess the setup is ok.

The design I did by doing some liberal internet research and finding lots and lots of celtic stuff that I liked the look of. I then used Inkscape to make the pattern. Inkscape is a good application and at a fantastic price. It took some time to get to grips with but I now use it for all my patterns.

Since I started this I made a small bookmark for my wife to cellebrate our 5th wedding anniversary (5th = Wood). Luckily this was not so hard to do as I already had lots of basic building blocks already in Inskscape to make the pattern. In all the bookmark took about 1 hr to make.

IMG00163-20100923-2155Small.jpg

Cheers All.

pleased to see you posted it here too, lovely bookmark. I can honestly say i have never used my scrollsaw flat out, i have never found the need too, i cut 1/2 inch oak regularly, maple, holly and ash but have never had the need too, i must admit though a sharp blade works brilliantly in stopping a lot of vibration.

Latest posts

Back