Lost and Found

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DiscoStu":37ulpf66 said:
I find pencils go walkabout in the workshop. I buy a pack of 10 and 2 days later I can't find one. Yet I'm the only one who goes in there and I tidy up after each session!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have got myself into the habit of placing my pencil and my tape measure in my front apron pocket when they are not in my hands. it's the seldon used tools I mislay. I even have toolbox specifically for seldom used tools but some haven't yet found their way in there.

mseries":v86ol7er said:
DiscoStu":v86ol7er said:
I don't know where you've put it but I know it will be in the last place you look!

Of course it willl, once you've found it you'll stop looking so it will be in the last place you look.

Whoosh.

On the subject of pencils, does anyone know the product code for Ikea pencils so I can just order them rather than steal a handful whenever I'm there?

For many years I've had a box in my 'shop labelled "Little Bits off Bigger Things". I has saved a load of hassle, as every time I come across a spare nut, bolt, washer, screw, blade, cutter, knob, rarely used extra, fence or anything at all that belongs with something else, it goes in that box. Sometimes years can lapse between something being put there and my looking for it (and often finding it :D ).

Boy did I cop it yesterday:

replacements for aforementioned missing NT membership cards arrived in the post. Literally seconds after the DC opened her post, I found the original cards, sorting through the bag I'd taken to Westonbirt last month (WB isn't NT or Eng. Heritage, so I didn't take them out there and forgot I had them with me). It didn't help that we were both in the dining room at the time.

I got chased round the dining table, with daughter #1 giggling and trying to trip me up as I went past (she's supposed to be studying!).

I managed to escape, and I think I'll (mostly) get away with it if we don't go to an NT property for a while, until she's forgotten.

Close call tho.

E.

Hi

For those of you who haven’t fallen asleep reading this thread - GOOD NEWS! Found my torch last night under a cushion in the living room!! What was my wife doing hiding it there (of course I bottled out from asking!!!)

Phil

So it's not just my shed that the tool fairies visit then? I do try to put things away after using them, but as someone said, it's the tool you were using 2 minutes ago and have only just put down that causes me most issues.

On the subject of lost pencils and pens, can anyone explain why all the pens that are by the phone are ALWAYS ones that don't work. They never seem to end up in the bin, they just migrate to the telephone table.

K

I used to buy fine black biros for sudokus. They always disappeared, although it was never, ever, the fault of swmbo or the boy. I now buy fine blue biros, and they never disappear. Swmbo can't use blue at work and the boy can't use blue at school. Odd.

I found the spare central heating valve motor that I took off an old valve exactly where I thought it was, I didn't expect that.

And it cured the sticking valve that made the house hotter and hotter, 26 degrees in the lounge, the wife thought it was just nice!

Pete

Back