Looking for some info: Startrite saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil1975

Established Member
Reaction score
I always regretted selling my Startrite TA165 saw & have been looking for a small table saw to replace it.
So when a Startrite tilting table saw came up on eBay recently I put in what I thought was a cheeky bid & ended up winning it for £56. Considering what £56 buys you in terms of decent tools, I was staggered!
It has twin mitre slots on the table, so it should be useful for the jigs I plan to use with it.

I have scoured the internet for more information & I can't find any photo's, manuals or anything else about the saw. Literally nothing!
It's a tilting table saw & looks similar to the Inca saws, but without the mortising attachment, Imperial scale & has the same fence as my Father in Laws' Startrite bandsaw. The serial number is C1422.

Anybody have any more info on these saws such as age, possibly a manual, anything really?

I had a query about a 2nd hand Startrite bandsaw I bought sometime back. Record Power handle Startrite now. You need to contact,
Richard Strutt I think he is their main service engineer, [email protected] knows all about Startrite machines, nice helpful bloke.

it was startrite Inca at one point, so you may be on the money with that thought

Spot on with the Inca connection. Inca did a system back in the 70s(?) rather like tke Kity ones, with saw and planer on one bench, with a single motor that could be slid along a mounting bar to power one or the other. For a brief period, Startrite sold them, badged as Startrite-Inca. Don't think many were sold; tilting table saws were "OK", but more difficult to use in tilt mode than tilt-arbor versions. On the other hand, £ for £, the tilting table ones would probably be better quality.
Somewhere in our house there is an Inca catalogue showing the actual beast.

Back