• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Startrite tilt arbor 165 Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian H

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I thought I'd list here and give members first shout before I list elsewhere.

My Startrite Tilt Arbor TA165 saw, its well loved and runs well. Since I have had it I have added a new riving knife and a crown guard, I have the two side extension bars but not the legs. Runs on 13a single phase, if you need more details on this particular model I can suggest the following link to a manual II T/A165 - Handbook 18E

I'll include a very lightly used ripping blade.

I'm looking for £350, collection only from Rainham, Kent.

Thanks,
Brian

TA165-1.jpg
TA165-2.jpg
TA165-3.jpg
TA165-4.jpg
TA165-5.jpg

Hi,

Just to say I'll be sharing this elsewhere next week. Remain open to offers from members here.

Thanks
Brian

Last edited:
I'm really suprised this didn't go right away; if i had the money at hand i would take it but won't have for a few weeks unfortauntely. Best of luck

I'm really suprised this didn't go right away; if i had the money at hand i would take it but won't have for a few weeks unfortauntely. Best of luck

Thanks, it's a great saw for a hobbyist. Wondering if the restrictions on travel has impacted interest... It's been a great saw for me and the only reason for passing this on is I was offered a larger saw at a great price and couldn't pass it up! Sadly my workshop is a single converted garage so no room to keep both ;)

I’ve been watching a few machines on auction sites of late; those that sold for anything like what they are worth were those which the buyer made it clear that delivery could be arranged, so I’d say you’re right that location is key at the moment. Pallet collection/ delivery is cheap!

Hi, did you replace it with something else?

thanks Sam
Hi Sam,

Yes, I have purchased a 'new to me' saw that was recently offered by a contact for a price I couldn't refuse. Sadly I don't have room for two table saws ;)

Regards,
Brian

I’ve been watching a few machines on auction sites of late; those that sold for anything like what they are worth were those which the buyer made it clear that delivery could be arranged, so I’d say you’re right that location is key at the moment. Pallet collection/ delivery is cheap!

Yes, I was in a similar situation when I was adding machines to the workshop... however, I found that on shiply.com I could secure reasonable shipping rates for machines.

Worth noting this saw would fit in a transit van if you had a couple of fellas to lift either end.

Cheers
Brian

Yes, I was in a similar situation when I was adding machines to the workshop... however, I found that on shiply.com I could secure reasonable shipping rates for machines.

Worth noting this saw would fit in a transit van if you had a couple of fellas to lift either end.

Cheers
Brian

Having recently moved my 275 single handed, I can attest that these saw can fit in a modestly sized vehicle, can be moved and, if needs be, reassembled by one person... Someone should snap this up!

I think that is a bargain, better build quality than most of the stuff being sold these days and I really like that solid looking fence arrangement. If you had been close then I would have liked it but Rainham is a few hours away!

hi Brian, im in the market for a new saw and would be very interested if its still available. could come and collect for £350 cash.
if still available let me know and can arrange
Richard

Last edited:
Thank you for all the interest folks, this item is SOLD, pending collection (will update the post designation once collected) very happy this went to a forum member (y)

Latest posts

Back