Looking for Pictures of a Norris plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Dalziel

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here went to the Tony Murland auction not so long ago and took a picture of the Norris plane that fetched the £16000 price tag.
I caught a glimpse of it on the news but would have liked to have seen a decent picture of it.

I

That must have been made almost at the end of the original Norris period. Have you though about asking Tony for a couple of photos?

Scrit

P.S. Does this mean there will be a batch run in the future? :wink:

Does this mean there will be a batch run in the future

possibly one or 2 :wink: but i really just wanted a look at the plane.
I am trying to put the final touches to a couple of 16 degree skew mouth improved mitres LH and RH and i heard that this was a special mitre, done by norris for a competition, looking at it now its not what i thought it was, might be a fun project to do.
I am really liking my LN 140, hence i am doing the pair of skews. These are not nessesarily for a shooting board as i like using them as smoothers.

I am possibly going to try a skewed Badger plane, possibly in the design of an A13, i fancy the challenge and my new machine and tooling has given me other avenues and capabilities that i would have struggled with before.

Old...interesting reading but clicking the thumbnail didnt reveal a picture...but thanks for the link.

Alf...i did manage to find that link but my pc seems to freeze whenever i run stuff from you tube...will try from work when i get back...but thanks.

I

Latest posts

Back