Looking for English Walnut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm based in Bristol and I'm looking for about 8 cu/ft of top quality English walnut for my final year college project. Any Ideas?

Tommy.

Hey Tommy, didn't know you were on here! :D

I assume Gary's already suggested Interesting Timbers to you? Not that they've had any English Walnut in stock when I've been there anyway.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you work your way through some of the names on this list, there are a few guys there who appear to deal in native timbers.

What happened with the yard in West Sussex? Or, are you looking for an alternative much closer to home?

The best stocks of everything I've ever seen was at Whitmore's near Hinckley. Not local to you, I know, but they deliver nationally.

You could also try Sykes near Lichfield, they have good stocks too, and you'll get a better price buying that quantity rather than the one bubinga board I had recently for which they charged me an arm and a leg.

Cheers
Steve

Greetings

Devonwoods in Princetown on Dartmoor had some 2 months ago - in quite large boards

Expensive though

Tried Yandles, but they've got no 1" boards sadly. Interesting timber have none either. Goulden hardwoods do, I'm heading down to Swindon way tomorrow to check it out.

I just tried Sykes, they have no English.

- Hello Olly! The place in West Sussex have got some but it turn out it's only 2" boards, Lucky I checked before driving 300 miles!

- Toscageoff, Do you have a number for Devonwoods? I can't find them listed anywhere.

- Steve, thanks for letting me know about Whitmores, I'll try 'em now.

you could try oscar windybanks in box
give them a call

Oscar Windebank & Son Ltd
The Bassetts, Box, Corsham, Wiltshire SN13 8ER
Tel: 01225 742929

If European Walnut is OK for you then you could try EC Forrest Products. 01825 872025. I bought several planks from them last year and I got the impression that they try to hold it in stock. They weren't the best at returning calls etc. but the timber was worth the effort that it took to get it.

Johnny.

hi

Nottingham may be a bit far for you but I had contact with a private seller about six months ago who had some excellent walnut in various thicknesses from a single tree but non over 64". His details, Steven Peck 011592 83004, may be worth a try if you can travel.

Chris

Latest posts

Back