looking for blanks/logs between Weymouth & Yeovil

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanjparsons

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone know of places to buy blanks in dorset?

I know of Yandles at martock but that's an hours drive each way for me!

Have you tried speaking to your local council Park Department or the forestry commission. The New Forrest is not far from you.
As I am in London there is a shortage of forests around but most councils have parks and trees that need to be cut down for various reasons. I sent an email to my local council and they said they could possibly supply me with some logs. I have yet to see what they can come up with as I managed to acquire a few logs from a local tree surgeon the next day but its worth a try.
The only downside is it will be green timber and need seasoning or turning wet and leaving to dry.

Hi Alan
Have you tried Paul at Hazelbury timber. He's very competitive with prices though the wood is usually still fairly green, He doesn't do blanks as such but will cut things to order.
Plenty of native locally grown species. Would recommend phoning first to check he has what you want.
www.hazelburytimbersupplies.co.uk
Ed

for logs go to local tree surgeons and if you want cut planks have a look here http://arbtalk.co.uk/ post on the milling fourm to say you are looking for cut planks also big j on there is good for timber

Back