Looking after my table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
certainly mike it is worth going into a metal working company and asking about dry sprays. my mafell ad160 p/t has 4 screw pillars for rise and fall, and if one uses "wet" grease the wood sticks to it, and causes problems.

there are now many brands available, and i find that often the pound shops have decent older stock available which works for me.

paul :wink:

engineer one":1p60gt9l said:
certainly mike it is worth going into a metal working company and asking about dry sprays. my mafell ad160 p/t has 4 screw pillars for rise and fall, and if one uses "wet" grease the wood sticks to it, and causes problems.

there are now many brands available, and i find that often the pound shops have decent older stock available which works for me.

paul :wink:
If you want a dry lubricant for things like the threaded rods in thicknessers you won't get it much cheaper than THIS

I've used both PTFE spray (Screwfix branded) as well as in the past, a molybdenum disulphide dry lube spray coating (can't remember clearly but I think twas Rocol brand. The moly coating lasts a lot longer on screwthreads IMO.

As an aside, Rocol products are more expensive but I've found them generally excellent. I can recommend to anyone their Anti-seize copper compound vs boggo brand copper grease, and their Penetrant Spray vs WD-40 and other boggo brands.

Ike

(Not commercially affiliated with absolutely anyone)

Latest posts

Back