Look whats turned up on e-bay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andersonec":1p187rrl said:
I know it's a collectors piece but if it's to be used you can get a brand new one for less than that is going to sell for.

http://www.toollineuk.com/product.php/s ... /STA112137

Andy

This is true of several of the early tools made by LN - they were very rare in their Stanley incarnations, and hence collectible, and super expensive.

The #212 router is a case in point.

BugBear

Webby":1hbu7uhy said:
you biddin :roll:
LOL, no. I'm a user not a collector. (hammer)
I've got a Stanley sweetheart 62 already...................................................( a new one ) :D

Has anyone looked at his other items for sale? A £3,500 watch and 2 other planes, he also only has 5 feedback. May be genuine but anyone else smell a rat?

matt

If I paid a lot of money for anything on e-bay, I'd want to go and pay when I picked it up. no matter if the seller had a 1000 points on his feedback. That way you pay for it when its in your hands.

I'm always a bit suspicious of planes which lets say look more than a little "used" when the only photo is from the top with no indication of the condition of the mouth or sole :?

undergroundhunter":1c2zhqqc said:
Has anyone looked at his other items for sale? A £3,500 watch and 2 other planes, he also only has 5 feedback. May be genuine but anyone else smell a rat?

matt

I hadn't noticed.

In conjunction with the lack of photos, yes, I agree, suspicious.

Edit - and the feedback is as a BUYER, mainly model cars of low-ish value.

BugBear

I hardly think a scammer would invite someone around to collect a watch from Doncaster if they want to get away with it.

Unless of course they plan to lay in wait and mug the poor victim outside a random address for a few grand.

Seems to be a rather complex scam if it is one... #-o

Jim

Back