Long time lurker finally posts!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elsmorian

Reaction score
Evening all!

I stumbled onto this forum a while ago, and loved looking at the pages of workshop builds and the stuff coming out of them - I grew up with a fair bit of space and tools to play around with, but then spent a fair bit of time at Uni and then in small London flats with a few tools but no space.

A few months ago I bought a house, and it has a garage and even a small brick workshop! Alas the workshop is falling down, has a rotten roof and crumbling walls, and the garage has an asbestos cement leaky roof, but it's better than nothing! Maybe sometime I can add to the workshop build threads but for the time being I've patched up the leaks in the garage with gutter sealant, and have started to fill it with tools, namely stuff I've got from here - a special mention to WellsWood for his lathe and Karl for selling me his dust extractor and soon mitre saw, and helping me start my own little wood butchering space!

Just thought I would say hi, and thanks for continuing this community, was a lovely read when I couldn't make anything and now I have the space its a great load of information!!

Welcome

Congratulations on finding yourself a house.

If you are in Wallington, I take it you have found the second hand tool shop in Stafford Road?

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Stanleymonkey: Indeed I have, a great little place! I bought a Record No.5 engineering vice for £25, bit of a scrub up and it works very well :)

Chris

Just don't start sharpening thread or mention what stones you use or you'll need to build a bunker than a workshop. :)

Welcome to this excellent forum where lies a wealth of information and knowledge from like-minded souls.

Jonny

Elsmorian":2zfmjumj said:
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Stanleymonkey: Indeed I have, a great little place! I bought a Record No.5 engineering vice for £25, bit of a scrub up and it works very well :)

Chris

There's also the Missionary Mart along that road. It's tucked away a bit, but has a sign up at the entrance.

Might be of no use, but it sells furniture secondhand. Cheap stuff. If you want some cupboards to get your shed / workshop off to a start or a handful of doors to make benchtops with it can save a lot of time. Funny old place - but always used to be worth a visit.

selectortone":351zpebq said:
Welcome fellow newbie. From my short experience here: don't mention the word "Snodgrass" in the same sentence as "bandsaw" and you'll be fine.

Rhubarb!
Don't mention that either. Never fails to kick it off with some #-o

Hello Elsmorian, that's an old Vulcan name if I'm not mistaken. Good to have you aboard :D

Welcome Chris, hope you get as much out of the forum as the rest of us. You only have to ask questions and should get a load of replies that may completly confuse some members.

Malcolm

Back