Local cabinet maker? Midlands.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Dear all,

You probably get this all the time, and it's probably a dreadful social faux pas for a newbie... but I couldn't find a suitable thread to post on so I thought I'd start one.

I have a project requiring a "Victorian style" cabinet, approx. 24" x 24" x 10", in mahogany or a similar dark wood - with a specific and rather unusual (but not complicated) cut out and door requirements.

Think of the sort of cases they used to house scientific intruments in at the turn of the century and you're on the right track.

There's all sorts of other eletrical and mechanical stuff to do to it that I'm perfectly capable of, but when it comes to cabinetmaking, I don't have the room, the tools, or a steady enough hand!

Do you regulars have a "register" of friendly neighbourhood cabinetmakers who I can have a chat with?

Or are you a cabinetmaker local to me in North Birmingham (or nearby) who fancies an unusual project?

Obviously, a 24" x 24" piece of mahogany (o.n.o.) is going to be tricky, if not impossible, to locate in one piece - and splicing together planks is another skill I don't posess!

Initially, I am making a one off for my own use, but I suspect there may be enough interest to warrant several of these cabinets (hopefully from rich Americans where I can recoup some of my expenses!)

If you can assist, please feel free to drop me a line to [email protected], or post me a response here.[/i]

Back