Little something that arrived today.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David111s

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all!

Well after placing an impulse order on April 1st..... This arrived at the w/shop this afternoon :)

4821426951_e3a13f340f.jpg

4822044712_0baba30c2c.jpg

4822045598_b81e7926a6.jpg

4822046406_1ec61f8900.jpg

Must say its rather perked up my week! the English walnut handles are very nice!!

Nice - but have they changed the handle shape? Looks more LV?

Cheers

Karl

Must be the pic David - looks upright like the LV rather than the standard Clifton handle (which isn't as curvy as the LN).

Cheers

Karl

I have a #3 Clifton, Karl, (plus a few others :D ) and the handle is a little more upright than on the larger planes so as to allow plenty of room for the hand - it makes for a very comfortable grip.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

PS Lovely looking plane, David 8) 8)

Hi David,

Nice purchase. 8)

So, how many of your planes are not Clifton, now??? :D :wink:

Just notices on the first pic "Made in Sheffield, August 2010".

Cheers

Karl

Marvellous innit,you pay brewsters fo quality tool products and they turn up in cardboard boxes or plastic cases.

Wouldn't you at least think this would have come in a nice quality wood box?

David111s":3hkrzscw said:
Evening all!

Well after placing an impulse order on April 1st..... This arrived at the w/shop this afternoon :)

4821426951_e3a13f340f.jpg

4822044712_0baba30c2c.jpg

4822045598_b81e7926a6.jpg

4822046406_1ec61f8900.jpg

Must say its rather perked up my week! the English walnut handles are very nice!!

and how much was this David, if I should be so bold?

What a hansom looking plane! I am sold as long as someone can convince me that a No.3 has a job to do that my equally beautiful No.4 can't do. This is a genuine request for information, I want one but need some justification. And are there any left?
Simon

Saint Simon":3tr3g9fb said:
I am sold as long as someone can convince me that a No.3 has a job to do that my equally beautiful No.4 can't do. This is a genuine request for information, I want one but need some justification. And are there any left?

I have the Clifton #3 and it's one of my favourites. As well as being good for general smoothing work, I find it excellent when planing end grain free-hand and a block plane doesn't have enough heft. The extra weight of the #3 is great in this sort of situation

Endgrain3.jpg

Classic Hand Tools and Workshop Heaven both have a few of the anniversary planes left but I'm not sure which sizes. Give them a ring and they can soon tell you.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Very nice looking plane David. 8) Did you pay for my one at the same time? :?:

Paul Chapman":1rw3iovg said:
Classic Hand Tools and Workshop Heaven both have a few of the anniversary planes left but I'm not sure which sizes.
A quick peek at the WH site suggests they're out of the No.5, but still have all the others.

Cheers, Vann.

RussianRouter":3r1cd2e7 said:
Marvellous innit,you pay brewsters fo quality tool products and they turn up in cardboard boxes or plastic cases.

Wouldn't you at least think this would have come in a nice quality wood box?

It's the same with Lie-Nielsen and Veritas. Quangsheng, surprisingly, are one of the few who provide a wooden box.

Do people really keep their planes in these boxes? :p

I mean, it might be required if you're going to sell the plane later but, there aren't many of us who will spend £200 on a plane, only to turn around and sell it on six-months later... :wink:

Latest posts

Back