Little or Large Rat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fremar

Reaction score
I am keen on buying a Rat but I feel I can only justify the cost of the smaller version.

Is the Little Rat worth the money or will I regret not getting its big brother?

Any advice appreciated

fremar

I cant remeber if im supposed to say or not but i think Legacy are bringing out a smaller more affordable machine soon .

Hi

I bought the larger one just over a week ago for £425 from WoodRat

I personally would not consider the smaller Rat after looking at both but I know Philly is pelased with his small Rat

Hi Fremar
I'm happy with my Littlerat (as Tony says :wink: ). I only use it for fine and detailed work-my router table manages the boring larger stuff.
So, yes!
Here's my review if it's any help.
Cheers
Philly :D

after the other discussions i think the important thing is to consider
what you are going to do.

if only dovetails then i think the little rat may be the way to go,
but for more flexibility i am sure the extra bucks are worth it.

after my experiences with small "normal" router tables, i believe the
big rat is more usable for many normal routing jobs,and
offers more flexibility.

paul :wink:

Apart from capacity (which really depends on what you want to use it for), the LR is confined to using certain bits if you want to use it for dovetailing, which could be a bit limiting. On the whole I'd sooner have a Little 'Rat than no 'Rat at all; I believe I've read somewhere that a few Little 'Rat owners have upgraded but no-one's ever wished they'd bought the snaller one instead of the big 'Rat.

Cheers, Alf

I have now acquired a Little Rat and I am looking forward to experimenting with it. Thanks for all the replies to my original post and time will tell if I have made the right decision.

Back