Lidl Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone asked for the torque figure and I replied. I did not suggest that a £39 tool from a supermarket was on the same level as the high end tools that you have experience with.

For £39 the performance is pretty outstanding!

My comment wasn't meant as some kind of judgement or brag, I used to have a very similar (not Parkside but similar inexpensive 240v) Impact myself which was good enough for anything car related I needed and is still trucking on in the service of a friend who is inexplicably determined to keep a Citroen C15 that's older than him on the road...

I'm just genuinely suprised at the torque figure considering the physical size of it, I would have assumed it could achieve somewhat more from looking at it.

Because whilst you weren't comparing it to a high end one, with most power tools, there's usually not that much difference internally between a cheap and fancy tool, despite what the manufacturers would have us believe.

I would be interested in watching your video will you give us a link when you have uploaded it?

sure thing I’ll actually be launching my new YouTube channel, it’s taking a bit of time just because I have a one year old plus I want to make sure it’s not like any other channel. I’ll keep you all posted

The actual chisels look and feel exactly the same. I think hornbeam was used for the handles as well. And I haven't seen them for a few years, it could be 4 years as mentioned up thread.

They come up about once a year, I've definitely seen them a few times. Most recently was roughly 4 months ago.

Take car with Lidl’s measuring tools, YouTube video coming, but a square I had from the turn out not to be square - found out the hard way

Too late now but it takes seconds to check the squareness of a square. I would check any new square that I bought, whether cheap and cheerful or premium branded. I would also check them from time to time although the risk of them being dropped and damaged without me knowing is reduced when only I use my workshop.

The difference between cheap and premium (in terms of accuracy) is the chances of getting a good one from one picked at random. In some cases you may need to check a couple or 3 on the shelf before choosing.

Latest posts

Back