Lidl tools coming up.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised Metabo hasn't sued Parkside since some of these models are slightly more than reminiscent. Personally, I wouldn't use a plunge track saw without a riving knife and if I had to because that's all my budget would go to then I'd keep both hands firmly on the saw at all times as its the other hand that gets it when they jump out of the timber. My TS55 has never once kicked back even when I once stupidly clamped the wood in such a way that it was closing the kerf and literally clamping the blade - and I stood there like a . because for a minute I couldn't fathom why it wouldn't move - doh!

glynster":1pqrft42 said:
Personally, I wouldn't use a plunge track saw without a riving knife and if I had to because that's all my budget would go to then I'd keep both hands firmly on the saw at all times as its the other hand that gets it when they jump out of the timber. My TS55 has never once kicked back even when I once stupidly clamped the wood in such a way that it was closing the kerf and literally clamping the blade - and I stood there like a . because for a minute I couldn't fathom why it wouldn't move - doh!

Mafell didn't think their MT55 plunge saw needed a riving knife, I've never had a problem.

Cordy":1k30rj40 said:
Is this Nail-finder likely to be any good ?

I need something to find metal in timber before table sawing

If it doesn't work, pop round and use my bandsaw, that finds nails that can be detected by no other means. :-(

I was not too impressed with their track saw, the cams move when you are using it and the 2 seconds of track don't line up very well, mine where also not straight. I use an bit of ply the length of the track to sit behind it and make it straight. But maybe I was expecting too much for £70.

Wuffles":3dw64645 said:
If anyone has any experience of the fit can they please confirm?

I got the track saw last time around, and use it with a festool track. The supplied parkside tracks are very close to festool profile, but not exactly the same. I have to make a small adjustment with the cams when swapping, and while you can join the parkside and festool tracks; I don't due the small miss-alignment, and differences in the amount of play.

Hi Woodenstuart, I have had my eye on the Makita ROS, not sure which one to get though (the BO 5031 or BO 5041).
One is about £70 and the other £90 - I'm not sure of the difference other than an extra handle. Which model do you have?
I suspect the Parkside one at £17 is a bit too cheap.
K

I got the track saw last year, best lidl tool purchase ever, really love it, so much so I am seriously considering getting a spare though since the price on these is coming down I probably won't bother.

I have added another blade for finer cuts and I also bought a 1.4m festool track. Saw runs great on both tracks with no adjustment needed. Having the 1.4m and the 2x700mm gives me a lot of options as I can join them all together to make up to 2.8m if needed although the accuracy is obviously not as good as a single 2.8m track. Since I have never needed more than the 1.4m so far this is fine.

Can the track saw be used without the track? I'll need to pick up a new circular saw (my old Hitachi left all the magic smoke out and damaged its armature in the process) to cut some OSB sheets, but I'm wondering if it'd be more useful to get a normal circular saw for general use and a clampon straight-edge to help with the OSB sheets. But if you can use the track saw like a normal circular saw without the track...

I've read that the detail sander that parkside sell are almost identical to a bosch one. I wonder if the two coming up are the same?
I was looking for a cheapy and the cheapest I'd seen was a VonHaus @ £27.

MattRoberts":1l64pot4 said:
Thanks for the info. I'd also want to look at getting longer / more track, so would be interested in any info on this too

This saw has been discussed quite a bit before.

It is a saw that is mass produced for a whole host of brands, but it's the same across the board - Grizzly (in the U.S.), Scheppach, woodstar etc.

It is basically decent, but has a few draw backs compared to the Dewalt/Makita/Bosch models, and obviously the creme de la creme festool and Mafell.

Do a search...

MarkDennehy":zbw99t72 said:
Can the track saw be used without the track? I'll need to pick up a new circular saw (my old Hitachi left all the magic smoke out and damaged its armature in the process) to cut some OSB sheets, but I'm wondering if it'd be more useful to get a normal circular saw for general use and a clampon straight-edge to help with the OSB sheets. But if you can use the track saw like a normal circular saw without the track...

If you use it without a track you are effectively paying a premium over a standard circular saw for a feature you aren't going to use. I.e. Guided cut line + reduced tear out.

Not only that but the base on a standard circular saw will probably ride better over surfaces due to the fact the base on a Tracksaw is designed to be used in the track.

If you are cutting up sheet goods a lot, bite the bullet and spend the money on the track. If not, buy a standard circular saw.

If I recall correctly the plunge saw is made for parkside by einhell, I know quite a few of the power tools definately are.

I got the ROS the last time round and have found it great for small jobs and it happlily take Mirkas mesh disks with no problems

the little nailer is OK as well if for occasional use but you do have to make sure you press down well and perpendicularly or the penetration can be a bit lacking and leave the nail proud by a couple of mm. definately not a speed nailer of any kind but great for thin ply cabinet backs etc if your not great with a cross pein and panel pins

transatlantic":3c8a27sy said:
I was wanting to get a cheap tracksaw and saw the one at screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb673c ... 240v/9257j

However, even in the video you can see that the guides don't joint up straight, and there appears to be play/slop in the rails that the saw rides along. I wonder how well the parkside one compares

i have it and its the same, in fact probably worse as it uses one connector for the track vs 2 on the titan.. interestingly i have just noticed that the titan seems to run on the same track and has the same scribe feature as the triton track saw

what i can say for the lidl one is it has some guts.. i used it to trim a door in an old bank that had 5mm steel plate in the middle and it managed to cut that...ive just abused it but she keeps on going

for reference the lidl will run on festool track but not triton rails.. i also have the biggest scheppach one, the pl75 it wont run on the track from that either id assume that all scheppach models run on the same rails

Petey83":2vyb2jjl said:
i'd imagine it comes out the same factory as the Scheppach and other budget track saws

i dont think it does as it doesnt fit the scheppach rails!! fits the festool ones tho.. not sure whos making it

Bodgers":3v2bpjr8 said:
MattRoberts":3v2bpjr8 said:
Thanks for the info. I'd also want to look at getting longer / more track, so would be interested in any info on this too

This saw has been discussed quite a bit before.

It is a saw that is mass produced for a whole host of brands, but it's the same across the board - Grizzly (in the U.S.), Scheppach, woodstar etc.

It is basically decent, but has a few draw backs compared to the Dewalt/Makita/Bosch models, and obviously the creme de la creme festool and Mafell.

Do a search...

I think you might be wrong, i dont think this one is produced by the same manufacturer, it doesnt fit on the same rails

I use my parkside saw on a festool rail, works great, smoother than the stock rails though they are not bad too.

Back