Lidl tools coming up.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the track saw last time they had it on sale about 18 months ago I think.

I've never used any other track saw so have nothing to compare it with, but it works pretty well I think. The build quality seems good for the price. I've only cut melamine chipboard and MDF with it and the included blade does pretty well as long as you remember to put masking tape along the cut line #-o. It would probably benefit from having a better blade installed, but for my purposes it's good enough.

The only niggles I have are that the plunge depth setting widget is a bit fiddly and the tracks are a bit short at 700mm. When you join them together you must make sure that the two halves are flush otherwise the saw will catch on the join. That said, it's easy enough to make up a longer one piece track out of MDF or whatever.

Overall, I'm happy with it and for the price I reckon it's a bargain.

Fergal

Fergal":1900evo1 said:

I've never used any other track saw so have nothing to compare it with, but it works pretty well I think. The build quality seems good for the price. I've only cut melamine chipboard and MDF with it and the included blade does pretty well as long as you remember to put masking tape along the cut line #-o. It would probably benefit from having a better blade installed, but for my purposes it's good enough.

The only niggles I have are that the plunge depth setting widget is a bit fiddly and the tracks are a bit short at 700mm. When you join them together you must make sure that the two halves are flush otherwise the saw will catch on the join. That said, it's easy enough to make up a longer one piece track out of MDF or whatever.

Fergal

Which track system does it adopt do you know? Is there a decent photo of the underside knocking about anywhere?

The guides on my saw line up straight and there are small cams on the saw you can adjust to take up the slop.

That Titan saw is probably very similar to the Lidl one, but you can't beat the Lidl/Aldi returns policy. If you don't like something just take it back for a refund, no quibbles.

Fergal

Does anyone know what size blade the plunge saw takes? I have literally tonnes of limestone tiles to lay in the coming months and a diamond blade in a track saw might work.

Cheers,
Mark

The track saw looks a good way to get cheap short tracks :lol: I'll try to get one and see if the TS55 will run on it, if not I'll sell on for cost :D

The impact driver looks like its worth a punt, maybe

Wuffles":34uk109e said:
Fergal":34uk109e said:

Fergal

Which track system does it adopt do you know? Is there a decent photo of the underside knocking about anywhere?

Fergal, did you see this?

Has anyone any experience of the ROS? I am always a bit wary of cheap tools. A screwdriver or drill is something you might use for a few minutes at a time but a sander could be in use for 20 - 30 minutes almost non stop so needs to be robust. Also I have read Amazon reviews of sanders that make plenty of noise but don't actually do much sanding ( the abrasive lasts for ages though !!). So any opinions on this ROS would be very wecome.
I have not tried Lidl tools, but have a few Aldi ones and so far so good, with strictly DIY use though.

K

Bought one of the £17 electric nail gun / staplers way back for tacking carpet gripper on wooden stair cases and it worked really well, in fact for that job it was as good as the £200 plus Maestri nail gun we had.

I'll answer my own question and take a punt that it's the festool rail profile they're using, well, from the pictures at least. Certainly not the Bosch/Mafell anyway...but don't cry for us Mafell owners, we can use either.

I only asked as I recommend this thing to all the would-be woodworkers who stand in awe whenever I've pulled out a track saw in the past 9 years or so and then nearly fall over when I say how much they cost. I just wanted to be able to suggest a longer rail for those on a budget who might buy this saw.

If anyone has any experience of the fit can they please confirm?

Ta.

PS, in one of the pictures on the website, the model using the saw is going to have a very nasty surprise when/if he finishes the cut.

i'd imagine it comes out the same factory as the Scheppach and other budget track saws

graduate_owner":uz4t45df said:
Has anyone any experience of the ROS? I am always a bit wary of cheap tools. A screwdriver or drill is something you might use for a few minutes at a time but a sander could be in use for 20 - 30 minutes almost non stop so needs to be robust. Also I have read Amazon reviews of sanders that make plenty of noise but don't actually do much sanding ( the abrasive lasts for ages though !!). So any opinions on this ROS would be very wecome.
I have not tried Lidl tools, but have a few Aldi ones and so far so good, with strictly DIY use though.

K

I picked up a titan 1/4 sheet sander, it lasted about 3 hours :( Swapped and upgraded to the makita one and its been faultless (aside from its stupid size dust port)

Back