Lidl Scrollsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMac

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got an update from Lidl and they are doing a scrollsaw on Thursday. It looks the same as the SIP, Axi etc and has variable speed, quick change, all the same features and a cast aluminium table. It will cost £49.99 with 3 year guarantee.

Has anyone got one or any reports on how good they are.

Thanks, Brendan

Ah see them now.

I was up in Armagh a few weeks back in the City Hotel for a meeting. Tis a lovely drive up from Dublin.

Loz, just thinking when I was out in the shed there, if you want me to get you one of these scrollsaws I will and we can sort out getting it to you some way or other.

Brendan

BMac":3d4x3fkq said:
Loz, just thinking when I was out in the shed there, if you want me to get you one of these scrollsaws I will and we can sort out getting it to you some way or other.

Brendan

Thanks the offer Brendan, but I wont have any spare cash till I win the RDS comp this year,

[-o<

LOL, OK. I was just thinking again... if you did decide you wanted the saw it would probably appear in ROI next week. I don't know if I want one or not but the 3 year guarantee makes me think I have nothing to lose and if it's useless just hand it back. Got 3 days to decide so I'll do some more thinking (got lots of time for thinking with the weather like it is, absolutely horrible here today so no veg gardening).

Brendan

Hi Brenden,

Nothing like the SIP and it only takes pinned blades so is very restricted in its use.
"Parkside tools" in general get comments on other forums ranging from not bad to total carp.

Thank you Mouse,

Decision made - SIP. I'll be passing a SIP dealer tomorrow so I think I'll just nip in.

Brendan

LOL, I've already got all the details from the thread for the replacement bits because I was set on the SIP but then Lidl went and threw a spanner in the works. I'll let you know how I get on.

Brendan

Back