Lidl Parkside Sharpening Station

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grinding wheel looks very coarse - looks fine for garden tools, not sure I'd trust it for top quality chef's knives or 'fine' woodworking tools though.

S

I have the Plasplugs version,

I found it mostly useless, but surprisingly with a little practice the drill sharpening very good. It is definitely not quick but in some way this is good as it does not put a lot of heat into the drill. I actually use it as my go to solution for sharpening twist drills. and as I am primarily a metal worker it get used quite often,

Th advantage I can see with this over the Plasplugs version is the diamond wheel. The stone on mine does wear reasonably quickly which alters the geometry on drills. I have solved this by picking up half a dozen units at car boots for pennies and just keeping the spare I want.

James

I picked one up on Monday, surprisingly good for sharpening drill bits and household scissors etc.

The Lidl manual was a bit hard to follow.
I found the same unit online badged as a Clarke product, looks identical apart from the colour of the plastic case, at Machine mart
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-cmps1-multipurpose-sharpening-tool/
with a better manual which was easier to follow.
Incidentally the Clarke unit is £30 dearer at £44.99.

Thanks all.

Are the diamond wheels easy to come by?

Maybe a fifiner one could be bought as a replacement?

MrTeroo":2gtalo9x said:
Thanks all.

Are the diamond wheels easy to come by?

Maybe a fifiner one could be bought as a replacement?

I have the Ozito one, it has the wheel size/bore on the label. At the time I bought it I looked on ebay/amazon and you could get stone wheels for it. Not Ozito ones but the same size and bore. I found quit a few similar machines from various manufactures, all the same just different colours. Not all gave the wheel details, so if you are going to buy one find out those details first and then see if you can get new wheels.

Ok. Curiosity killed the cat.

So I can now say with some experience that the Lidl Parkside Sharpening Station is.....

Agricultural. (Trying my best to be polite)

:)

I had a look at it today as well, the grinding wheel just didn't looked capable of anything to me + not sure if you can buy replacements?
Good idea, poor execution.

Anyone have tried one of their bench grinders? they also now have a double head bench grinder for 20pounds which looked a bit better.
What are the 2 heads for? different type of grinding wheels?

btw I think the lidl tools are going downhill quality wise, I bought today some wood drill bits ( I had bought them in past and they were excellent) but today- the case where they are placed inside can't even be closed properly and was so wobbly.
So I rarely ever buy anything from their tools anymore, because on closer look most of them look like cheap tat.
Have a bad taste in mouth now from their tool section

Back