Lidl Digital Callipers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeS

Established Member
Reaction score
Since I've seen some mention of - and regret at missing - these on here in the past: I didn't notice a mention in their flyer or on their website, but my local (Grantham) Lidl had something like fifteen sets of digital callipers in stock yesterday evening. Maybe your local does as well!

I have had a set for over two year and cannot fault them. For the money they got to up there as a great buy.

incidentally, i just bought one today for 9 euros (7,6 GBP google tells me) - seems solid enough, but even if it only lasts one year it´s a good buy.
I´ll still use the vernier out of habit and to impress shop visitors :), but it´s a nice addition. Plus, it gives measurements in both metric and imperial, so i can spare some grey cells...

Hi all,

I now have three sets of these calipers, two from Lidl's and one from Aldi and think for everyday measurement they're great. BUT watch for the battery running down, when the juice is low they initially read erratically rather than just stop. This seems more of a problem at wider openings for some inexplicable reason. All you need to do is keep your brain in gear and if a measurement isn't near to what you were expecting do some checking. Posh digital callipers can totally shut down they're electronics when off but cheaper ones continue to draw a small amount of curent so even an infrequently used caliper can be found to have flattened it's battery.

Tony Comber

Latest posts

Back