Lidl/Aldi - -4th July

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know what the maximum tool wattage is that you can use with the power take off?
I've just bought a router with a 2000watt motor and was wondering if it would work with the Lidl vacuum.

PTO is 1500w. I have one and is is pretty good. Also fairly quiet. Realy long hose and numerous connections for your tool dust extraction. I'd recommend it.

Dicky

My workshop won't be ready for a few weeks, but I'm sure I'll squeeze one of those cleaners in to the spare room :)
Those casters sets coming up in Aldi, would anyone know if the "Transport" type will be OK for woskshop cabinets?

Dicky":26rsisn9 said:
Realy long hose and numerous connections for your tool dust extraction. I'd recommend it.

If anything, the hose is too long - and I never thought I'd say that about a vacuum cleaner!

I have one too, and I'd also recommend it, especially for the money. The wet-vac function has been (somewhat annoyingly!) useful a couple of times over the last year, and the rest of the time it's hooked up to my router 'table', with the router plugged into the vac; it's ideal.

Are replacement filters easy to get hold of for future reference as I feel the need to splurge out on the vac

MrYorke":20fvsmn5 said:
Are replacement filters easy to get hold of for future reference as I feel the need to splurge out on the vac

I was just about to ask the same question. Any tips on where to get the bags and the filters please?

I have one of these power take off vacuums too - highly recommended - cannot fault it!!

JJ1":qjgbn4sm said:
I was just about to ask the same question. Any tips on where to get the bags and the filters please?

I went for the opposite approach - I took one of the bags from my regular dust extractor - one of the dustbin types from SIP - and taped it over the top of the pleated filter the Lidl one came with. The new filter was better at fine dust than the Lidl vac's default, and as a bonus the pleated filter basically doesn't have much hit it, so I don't anticipate ever really having to replace it.

However, the manual that comes with it does list part numbers and a telephone number/email address you can use to order replacements for the accessories and consumables.

I went for the opposite approach - I took one of the bags from my regular dust extractor - one of the dustbin types from SIP - and taped it over the top of the pleated filter the Lidl one came with. The new filter was better at fine dust than the Lidl vac's default, and as a bonus the pleated filter basically doesn't have much hit it, so I don't anticipate ever really having to replace it.

Thanks for the tip, I shall remember that :)

As far as bags and filters, bag is only required if cleaning up extremely fine dust-I use mine bagless with the exhaust port vented out my shed door)- (any generic vacuum bag would do-just measure the intake nozzle inside the drum and find a bag to suit-or tape one on ), there is an intake and outlet filter for the motor/blower, this is a woven plastic material-very similair to a 'Scotch-brite' pad, if you ever needed to replace it you could be shot first, drowned and after your re sussitated bodge new ones from similair material (these should never need replaced-unless your a complete F-wit)

Oh yeah, the internal pleated filter - wot JakeS said +1

you will be able to get spares anyway, its not like Lidl is a flybynight :wink:

barkwindjammer":3nhwb0i1 said:
As far as bags and filters, bag is only required if cleaning up extremely fine dust-I use mine bagless with the exhaust port vented out my shed door)- (any generic vacuum bag would do-just measure the intake nozzle inside the drum and find a bag to suit-or tape one on ), there is an intake and outlet filter for the motor/blower, this is a woven plastic material-very similair to a 'Scotch-brite' pad, if you ever needed to replace it you could be shot first, drowned and after your re sussitated bodge new ones from similair material (these should never need replaced-unless your a complete F-wit)

Oh yeah, the internal pleated filter - wot JakeS said +1

you will be able to get spares anyway, its not like Lidl is a flybynight :wink:

Thanks for the very informative response. F-wit

Latest posts

Back