Let the world in or Shut the Sun out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoodAddict":2d8z92tu said:
No portable power tools stay in there...

That's a good point. I do the same thing - it also helps to "maximise" space in the workshop (at the expense of space indoors... :oops:). But, the fact is, people are unlikely to run away with a planer/thicknesser or bandsaw weighing anything from 70kg plus - at least not without a second pair of hands or making lots of noise! :wink:

I doubt that many thieves would value our stashes of timber in the same way that we do, either! :wink:

The door to my 'shop is on a hook so can stay open in the good weather. I also have a window at the opposite end so when that's open there's a nice cool draft running through...but with full insulation it's still a tad warm - Rob

hi

studders is right , with doors open for all to see is asking for trouble , it only takes but 30 seconds in out and gone , If you went into your shop now and gathered up say an armful of tools in about 30 seconds what do you think the price to you would be , MAYBE 1k plus , more, & that's just in your arms , two or more of them ooh make the mind boggle & these scumbags know exactly what to grab as well . hc :shock:

Froggy":315wskiv said:
I'm fortunate enough to have a barn in the middle of nowhere and this week I've had the doors open to let the warmth and light in. It's a pleasure to work in like that. And as Chris Tribe will vouch the only passer by is a lovely but totally insane old French lady, who can creep up on you and scare the rubbish out of you sometimes :shock: Not good when you're playing with sharp tools.

Unfortunately, I have to have the doors open or have the lights on. One time, some Jehovah's W's scared the hell out of me, coming up behind me while I was using the bandsaw.

On the other hand, I have had commissions, from the 'gawpers' so it's swings and roundabouts.

John :)

Benchwayze":2oclnytm said:
some Jehovah's W's scared the hell out of me, coming up behind me while I was using the bandsaw.
Should have 'done a Rob' John and stuffed 'em though it!...make a bit of a mess though :lol: :lol: - Rob

woodbloke":13mvshwz said:
Benchwayze":13mvshwz said:
some Jehovah's W's scared the hell out of me, coming up behind me while I was using the bandsaw.
Should have 'done a Rob' John and stuffed 'em though it!...make a bit of a mess though :lol: :lol: - Rob

Yes indeed Rob. Too much trouble to clear up afterwards.
They are entitled to their view; as long as they don't inflict it upon me!

Is about the best I can say. :?
John :wink:

With 36 square feet of glass facjing west I have to open the doors to let the heat out!

Roy.

Well the sun seems to have gone away again to play somewhere else! I have my shed located in a barn. As a result I can keep the door open without fear of interruptions etc. It also means that it is relatively cool in summer and I don't spend so much on heating it in winter. Luckily the window in the shed faces a couple of windows out to an orchard. The down side is that the barn is about a mile from the house, so the cable gets in everyone's way!!!!!

Latest posts

Back