Le-matic / Co-matic Edgebander BR300

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcndave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I've taken delivery of an edgebander, and the instructions leave something to be desired as normal, so a couple of quick questions for anyone who owns / uses one.

The instructions state that the machine should be kept clean at all times. However it seems to have a half full glue chamber on arrival. Once heated this seemed to melt and be usable. So my first question was whether one could leave the cooled glue in the unit and continuously re-heat and re-use? Obviously if one is just doing a couple of edges at a time this would be far more convenient and not waste nearly so much glue. On the other hand, the glue may not retain it's properties after heating and be really usable again.

Next, the glue states that it should be used at 160-200 degrees, however no information to determine why you would choose one value over another. Is hotter better? does it depend on speed of feed (which is fixed on this unit), ambient temperature, nature of materials being glued etc?

Cool down indicator. There is a light to tell you that the unit has reached a safe storage temperature of 60 deg. However the unit only cools down when switched off. So how's the light going to work?

I've done a few practice pieces and it seems pretty good for the job. You have to be ready to move pretty quickly and apply pressure, but it's fast to apply edging.
Only thing I've noticed is that the glue line is not as good as those I've done by hand, however I think I may just need to increase the glue flow rate. Or perhaps use the right temperature, so more testing before I move on.

However generally happy and now wishing I'd gone for it before I did the 140m of edge banding on the last project!

Sorry I missed this
I bought the 500 version with variable speed from Axminster when it was reduced earlier in the year
I run mine at 188 degrees with the flow control just past the two mark. and at speed 4 to 6 that was just by trial and error that I arrived at these numbers
The only time it changed was when I had to stick some 60mm wooden edging and I maxed out the flow rate as a just in case measure but I don't think that I needed to lol
I leave the glue in when I've finished and after almost 1200 meters of edging, 20 meter here, 10 meters there I cant say I've noticed any issues with the glue not sticking
I tend to just leave the machine to cool down completely before I pack it away and Don't really take much notice of the cool down light.

I Wish I'd got one years ago

Roger

Back