LBC (Louis’) Shop tour!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBCarpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Ready to start the year fresh and hit the ground running. Shops looking cleaner than it has in a long time. Painting walls white really does do wonders.

anyway - here’s my machine shop. Enjoy!

Attachments

• F8CB256E-95E5-4B7E-A527-812E95B4C5F0.jpeg
    F8CB256E-95E5-4B7E-A527-812E95B4C5F0.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 222D5E05-D060-4ACE-95F8-7FBB95246E5E.jpeg
    222D5E05-D060-4ACE-95F8-7FBB95246E5E.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 275
  • D92EEF2A-7CC1-414E-A9F9-2C465AF27875.jpeg
    D92EEF2A-7CC1-414E-A9F9-2C465AF27875.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 271
  • BB72CC41-0878-4476-BBA1-709F1D569BCD.jpeg
    BB72CC41-0878-4476-BBA1-709F1D569BCD.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 0844212C-DD5B-4906-A2C1-C4BDFF30C8B8.jpeg
    0844212C-DD5B-4906-A2C1-C4BDFF30C8B8.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 269
Ooh goody, I’ve been thinking about doing one of these for awhile so I’m glad you beat me to it if you know what I mean, looks a wonderful space you’ve got there and some nice bits of kit two of which I’m not sure what they are, there is a red machine with a window in the front and the other one is the blue frame near the chopsaw.
Ian

The red machine is my holzmann 4 sided planer and the blue frame is a multico tenoner.

casting couch upstairs you must be joking it’s freezing!!:p Honestly!

a disturbingly well organised workshop :D:D some really nice machinery....and it looks warm!

Looks good. Some nice kit there.
I have a similar 4 sider, may be a little bigger, but I know mine won't run without kick ass extraction. I have a 15hp fercell system running for the whole shop.
So does yours block up much?
Thats the one thing I think you should look at in the future, one system running the lot, you can get some great extraction kit at auction. Mine would have been £25K new with ducting, but was a steal secondhand. I have a multiple on/off switches.

Looks fairly tidy as well, better than I left my workshop!!!

I'm nipping to work tomorrow, may take a few pics of my place, if I can tidy it up a bit.

Last edited:
It's nice to see how the other half live :LOL:

ps I wouldn't fancy attempting what looks like an assault course to reach the first aid box in a hurry!

Looks good. Some nice kit there.
I have a similar 4 sider, may be a little bigger, but I know mine won't run without kick ass extraction. I have a 15hp fercell system running for the whole shop.
So does yours block up much?
Thats the one thing I think you should look at in the future, one system running the lot, you can get some great extraction kit at auction. Mine would have been £25K new with ducting, but was a steal secondhand. I have a multiple on/off switches.

Looks fairly tidy as well, better than I left my workshop!!!

I'm nipping to work tomorrow, may take a few pics of my place, if I can tidy it up a bit.

Yes tackling the extraction is the next upgrade. You can never just buy a machine. There’s always so much that needs updating along side it.

Had it for a year now and blocked up maybe 3 or 4 times so I know it’s in the edge of what it can handle. Thankfully only Accoya currently which is nice and light!

It's nice to see how the other half live :LOL:

ps I wouldn't fancy attempting what looks like an assault course to reach the first aid box in a hurry!
It’s true! The first aid kit if far too boring so doesn’t get the attention it (probably) deserves haha!

It’s a pretty good workshop but I’m constantly trying to organise it better and run more efficiently. For me personally, I enjoy using good quality kit just as much as the making. And I probably enjoy the process of a smooth and frictionless workflow even more. Sadly I’m more and more on the paperwork side to of things now. But it doesn’t mean I don’t take pride in having a cool workshop. Even though. If the coming recession is as bad as everyone claims I could well end up firing everyone and be back on the kit - you never know!

Nice space, I'm just in the process of tidying mine so will post pics when done, although I was hoping to get a proper table saw first as mine is just a scruffy old site saw. All the nice shops I see have those Felder saws (y)

I was surprised at the 4 cutter with the Jet extractors, they must fill up pretty quick?

I see a tenoner but no mortiser, or bandsaw or PT, where are you hiding them?

What are peoples thoughts, when we have finished drooling at LBC and want our next fix, do we tack the next workshop on the end of this one, or start a fresh thread? Ian

Nice space, I'm just in the process of tidying mine so will post pics when done, although I was hoping to get a proper table saw first as mine is just a scruffy old site saw. All the nice shops I see have those Felder saws (y)

I was surprised at the 4 cutter with the Jet extractors, they must fill up pretty quick?

I see a tenoner but no mortiser, or bandsaw or PT, where are you hiding them?
Morticer is hiding in the corner. PT is in the lobby (long story) and sadly still no bandsaw ☹️. Can’t fit one in!

Do you find that all your heat goes straight up the stairs or do you have a hatch lid, you said it wasn’t at all warm upstairs.
Edit just noticed it’s a mezzanine.

Latest posts

Back