Lathe stand now sorted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
You may have read the previous posts on this , The conclusion is as follows

Poolewood had arranged for the maker to come and fix the stand , but this was cancelled due to illness

I was able to contact a local engineering firm Saturday morning that had the longer steel box section in stock and were able to cut to size

They also were able to re machine the 8 fixing holes through th 1/4 plate , I returned home and fitted it all up , and its now all OK

I had my first go at turning a piece of wood :roll:

not as easy as it looks is it !!

Also Poolewood have kindly agreed to cover the cost of the steel and machining the holes

So I am now happy , the rest of the stand is very good , very heavy duty and sturdy , it also has adjustable height legs that retract inside the outer box section , so easy to adjust if the floor is out a bit .

So now all thats left to do it learn how to use it

:lol:

Blister":m77ipfko said:
its now all OK
All's well that ends well :wink:

Blister":m77ipfko said:
So now all thats left to do it learn how to use it

A day's tuition will set you on the right road ... and it's cheaper than a stand :lol:

Good to hear you're sorted Blister.

Now on with the fun bit !

If you've got any questions just ask !

Cheers, Paul. :D

Paul Johnston":2aqdhitt said:
And yes it's not as easy as it looks :roll:
Paul.J.

It is suprising how little knowledge/experience you need to start turning out basic stuff, it comes more quickly than you would imagine, honest !

The real challenge is in getting an eye for good shapes and proportions and a decent finish, and then speeding up the time it takes.

A little practice and the odd pointer from others and you'll soon be on your way !

Cheers, Paul. :D

nice one blister,its all down hill from here(cliche) but its true,ive turned loads of stuff, most of its cracked through useing wet wood ,but the practice is great, you soon pick up what chisels do what, and what gets left in the corner, hope it gets better and better from here on, all the bestfella

Latest posts

Back