LATHE PEN MAKING

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok here we go my farther in law bought a work zone lathe from aldi or lidli anyway he want's to make pens but the machine does not have a Morse taper. so i was wondering if anyone else as over come this problem
please forgive the spelling as i don't know if it's a work zone lathe or something similar or if it's a Morse taper. im actually trying to describe and spell ????
mock

I had the same problem with a my first lathe, it was a cheapo lathe from Machine Mart. I bought a kit from planet plus with out the mortice taper part and then turned a piece of wood that protected my hand from the drive taper and then drilled a hole it the centre to accept the shaft of the kit. Just like this sketch.

SKMBT_C22014110517130.jpg

If I can find it in the shed and its not too rusty, you are welcome to it.

Attachments

• SKMBT_C22014110517130.jpg
    SKMBT_C22014110517130.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,440
The word you are looking for is not mortice, it is Morse as in Morse taper.

Was a simple get around and served me well enough until I upgraded my lathe. I have a look in my shed tomorrow for it and get a picture.

Apologies for the spellings main problem with being severely dyslexic. Hopefully hasn't affected the point of my post. If it has can a mod remove it.

Hi Mock, these are the photos of the pen mandrel I made.

image.jpg

image.jpg

If your father in law would like it PM an address to post it to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,245

Latest posts

Back