Latest Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdust maker

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought you might like a look at the latest project, a wine table. The plan came from the September 1999 edition of the Woodworker mag.

Table-1.jpg

It's my first attempt at carving. The table stands 23" high and the top is 13" across and made from sapele. didn't have a pice of wood 13" wide so the top has a joint across it. The top is carved out of 22 thick wood. On finishing the piecrust I felt the top looked a bit heavy so carved the the underside as shown.

Top1.jpg

Legs.jpg

The coin is a 2 pence. I put one in all my work. Someone once said they would not give 2 pence for my woodworking skills, so now I make sure each thing I make is worth at least 2 pence!

Top.jpg

As some will notice the top is not right. I made a template of half of it and rotated it over for the there side. I should have made a template of one quarter and moved it round to complete the top. But I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt.

Very nice :D

Looks very impressive,carving looks great,like the looks and balance of the whole thing.

Any work-in-progress shots ? Would be great to see.

Andrew

Very nice that, Simple designs are always the most difficult to get the propertions right.
Owen

Sorry I didn't do any work in progress photos. My next project is a break front bookcase with astral glazed doors. I will remember the WIP photos when I get started. hopefully at the end of summer. Or should I say October time, as we are not having a summer this year :(

Pie-crust! That's what I was trying to remember.

Nice job...
The two pence piece is a nice quirky touch!
But oh dear, defacing the coin of the realm! :D

Mind you, it isn't even copper these days. New 2p pieces you can pick up with magnet!

Errrm what size bit do you ned to make the recess? :D

John

That's an amazing bit of carving especially as a first attempt. Very nice.

Did you say you started it in 1999 :wink: The first one is always harder :wink: :wink:

Ted

Latest posts

Back