latest issue of FWW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer one

Established Member
Reaction score
just got my latest issue, they seem to have upped their game again.
decent article about veneers, useful stuff about table mounted routers, with the triton coming out top, and a nice "country hutch"
no not for rabbits :?

also a decent article about re-sawing on a band saw with details of a fence conversion. using and sharpening a scraper, including scraper plane, with a useful article about keeping tools clean and sharp by for instance cleaning up the wood before you machine it, and keeping your band saw etc clean and sharp. finally a useful article about keeping your hearing with ear uffs etc. all in all a decent buy this month

nice to see they have learnt some of the lessons.it's issue 189,

paul :wink:

as usual, i forgot something :lol:

there is a nice article about making your own mallet from maple without needing a lathe to turn the handle

paul :wink:

I have subscribed to this journal for the first time although having taken "Tools & Shops" for several years. The journal is extremely attractively priced compared with UK publications.
However, in the 189 edition to which you refer, the full page illustration in "Resawing on the Bandsaw"(p.38) made me shudder - would anybody ever have their unprotected hand and fingers so close to the blade? I know it was a set photographic illustration but what a bad message this sends?
FWW's illustrations are first class but safety doesn't seem very uppermost in the editor's mind in this instance.
Fred

But they always print a comprehensive note about shop safety at the front of the magazine.

If people don't read that, and if they do what is shown in a photograph, and then an accident occurs, IMO I would not say that FWW have, in any way, been negligent.

I'm very much against legislating for the lowest common denominator, but I have to admit many legal beagles have made a tidy sum out of it.

Latest posts

Back