Lancing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBishop

Reaction score
Anybody on her who lives on the South Coast? My wife and I are looking to move down there trying to decide where to live. We've seen some properties in Lancing http://www.kingandchasemore.co.uk/forsaleoffice/Lancing/788 and like the look of the area from what we can tell but would appreciate an unbiased view. Does anyone know the area? Would you recommend it? Are there other areas on the South Coast you'd suggest looking at? Cheers KB

Hello KB
We have lived 3 mile from Lancing for 50 years.
FOR:
Close to the Southdown national park, with wonderful downland scenery, long distance bridle ways, and numerous public footpaths.
The coast/sea is OK, pebble beaches but not picturesque. Sailing, windsurfing, fishing etc.
A large and varied style of housing, tends to be in estates
Small airport for light aircraft.
Close to Worthing or Brighton for all the main shops.
Does have its own smaller shopping centre
Fast train route to London

Against:
Two main road routes East/west are very busy, the A27 often down to a slow crawl.
Personally I find Lancing a bit urban and non-descript.

Have a good look at the small towns and villages just north of the Downs,
which have a bit more character. Upper Beeding, Steyning, Ashington, Washington,
Poynings, Fulking, Edburton, Etc. But they ,will of course, be a bit more expensive.
Cheers John
PM me with any direct questions , I might be able to suggest an answer.

KingBishop":tocf7v2u said:
Anybody on her who lives on the South Coast? My wife and I are looking to move down there trying to decide where to live. We've seen some properties in Lancing http://www.kingandchasemore.co.uk/forsaleoffice/Lancing/788 and like the look of the area from what we can tell but would appreciate an unbiased view. Does anyone know the area? Would you recommend it? Are there other areas on the South Coast you'd suggest looking at? Cheers KB

Are you moving down to continue working, or will you be retired?

BugBear

Back