lamello invis

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilricketts

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, i was wondering if anyone has used the lamello invis system. i am going to be building a corner computer desk and thought this might be a good way to attach the top to the sides because i do not want any fixings showing if possible. Any advice or information about this item would be much appreciated.

cheers neil

Might be worth asking about this over the other side - a couple of posters have used it I think. Very expensive, but apparently very good is their verdict. Have a look in the projects section for a thread called Curved Bookcase by nickw.

If you can't afford Lamello fixings why not use buttons, which are cheap, traditional, don't show and allow for movement.

I have used this and whilst it is a very good bit of kit, its a very expensive way of doing a joint, it has its benefits but i think the cost outweighs them.

I would be inclined to use a biscuiter/domino and glue the joints up, you will have no need to use any fixings then.

The invis sort of comes into its own when you are doing larger projects like wardrobes where you have to essentially take the wardrobes into say the bedroom flatpacked, but even then using cam dowels are just as easy to conceal.

hi, thanks for the comments. the desk project i am going to be building id for when i move house. So for myself it might be worth the cost but i do appreciate when it comes to building a project for a customer i do not think it would be worth it.

cheers neil

Latest posts

Back