Ladders (best place to buy)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieJ

Established Member
Reaction score
To keep up with all of the usual maintenance jobs on the house that we have spent the last two years renovating, I could with buying either a double or triple extending ladder, which needs to have a working height of 9.6m.
Any recommendations of where the best place to order one would be, and what make to go for, or not go for, would be very appreciated.

I'm after trade quality not DIY quality, as I don't fancy being up that high on some bendy flimsy rubbish.

I would also guess that a rope raise and lower system could be beneficial, but from the sites that I have already looked at, it adds alot more to the price!

These two photos give an idea of the height! :(

DSCF7427-1.jpg

P1050169-1.jpg

flying haggis":fyseu02u said:
A working height of 9.6m is very high for a ladder. I personally would go for a tower at that height, but this lot sell trade class 1 ladders

PS shouldn't have taken the scaffolding down!!!!!!

Thanks for the links :)

I agree about the tower, but the main use for the ladder is to keep the gutters clear. The house is surrounded by trees, and the gutters seem to fill up in no time at all. I replaced all the guttering with deep section, which has helped, and also fitted velux windows, which again has made life easy for reaching out, but sadly its still no easy task.
Hire companies around here aren't interested in ladders, so sadly the only option is to buy my own. :(

As for taking the scaffold down, it took the company three weeks to put the stuff up, and what felt like an eternity to get it taken back down again. I think that it used more scaffold than the company had anticipated!! :lol:

Don't know about the brush twirly thing. But. I recently had my bargeboards, soffits and gutters replaced. I asked the fitters if they would fit the mesh type leaf guards. Their reply was 'If you insist. Beware that even if you keep out the leaves, the gutters will still need cleaning occasionally, and that is a real bind on top of a ladder having to remove the filter and then replace it.' I decided my fireman neighbour would have his offer of cleaning accepted, for beer of course.

xy

cambournepete":3u0v22gc said:
You could try fitting something like this or even this.
I found both by Googling gutter and leaves

Of course, you'd still need the ladder to install them...

Thanks, but sadly I can't see them working as its pine needles that are the problem. The damn things are just so fine, that they seem to get stuck and clog everything up in a short space of time. :(

Thanks again for trying though. :)

Back