Lacquer over painted finish?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stix

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just put together the furniture for our nursery, which has a white painted finish. Whilst assembling the furniture I noticed that the finish seems to scratch and mark fairly easily and have had to have a few parts replaced due to transit damage already. If we didn't have such an awkward size and shape room I would have sent the furniture back but we spent hours at shops and looking through catalogues and this is the only range that will fit!

Is there a product that I could put over the painted finish to make it a bit more durable?

I have some Chestnut Acrylic lacquer at home that I will try out on some of the damaged parts but not sure how well this works over a painted finish. If you have any other suggestions I could try out I'd be really pleased to hear them.

Thanks in advance
Steve

I have used Ronseal Diamond Hard acrylic floor varnish (water based) over water based satin finish paint for my kitchen units. It works very well and seems to be pretty tough. I don't know if it would be compatible with oil based finishes though (probably not).

Back