Kreg Bench Klamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I recently bought one of these on recommendation of Mahking51. It is a modern take on the bench hold-down. No drilling holes through the top and hammering in bits of wrought iron here though!!
It works great, when you don't need it it stows out of the way in seconds and is reasonably priced. What more can I say?
I have a review on my website here.
Cheers
Philly :D
DSCF2082.jpg

Had one like that on my pillar drill table for years, very useful tool.

Jason

Now a hole-in-your-workbench-dear-Liza has one major advantage over that sort though - no metal plate to get in the way when you flatten the bench top. It's an answer if you don't have a solid wood top, but I wouldn't swap my Veritas holdfast for it (no hammer required, Philly :p). I only mention it as something for holdfast neophytes to bear in mind, not to rain on your gloatage. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Did you get the last one Philly? I see they're out of stock. :lol:

Seriously though, do they do spare plastic shoes for them and how hard/soft is the plastic?

Scott (who is always losing the plastic shoes off his clamps)

Fair point, Alf-flattening would maybe be an issue. My bench top is made from edge-lam mahogany (i.e. a fire door!!) flattening has thankfully not been an issue. Saying that, Mahking51 has three of the kreg plates across the top of his greenheart bench-maybe he could comment on this??
Spare shoes?? Don't know, although I'm sure the crew at Brimarc could sort you out.
I don't need this type of clamp too often, so this is perfect for me. I've heard the Veritas ones are great-I'm just not ready for the holes...... :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D

Alf
re flattening; took this into account when fitting the plates. I routed the base plates a gnats deeper than needed and used a plastic packing shim to bring it level. Will remove when i need to.
Must remeber to take the plates out befor e I flatten though :oops:
Regards
martin

Back