Woden X110 Holdfast - workable without collars?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneezle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to find two reasonable condition Woden x110 holdfasts at a garage sale recently.

Both sold without collars. I would love to find collars for them and whilst I'm keeping an eye on eBay, the only collar I have seen for sale was going at three times the price I paid for the holdfasts so I suspect I'm out of luck there!

I see Axminster sell a Holdfast collar that's ID is 24mm. The X110 have 19mm diameter stems. Has anyone who uses X110's managed to get these to work or could recommend an alternative?

Are they still usable if I drill holes directly in my bench or will they just tear a hole in it? Any tips for fitting I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

I use the regular knock in steel holdfasts in a pine top. Over 10 years now and still holding. A couple of the most used holes do show some ware at the lip but they still hold fine. I guess down the track if I ever have to I can inlay hardwood rings when the lip gets too chewed out.
Regards
John

Thanks for the advice both. Glad to know I haven't wasted money. Looking forward to getting them up and working!

Back