• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Kity K5 Planer Cover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

barfitter

Reaction score
hi guys i won the auction and now own a kity k5 just a couple things missing ie: side cover to planer, extension table for saw, and rubber sanding drum, does any one have the dimensions of side cover so i can make one and any ware i can get the other parts i mentioned thanks

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys i won the auction and now own a kity k5 just a couple things missing ie: side cover to planer, extension table for saw, and rubber sanding drum, does any one have the dimensions of side cover so i can make one and any ware i can get the other parts i mentioned thanks
Hi
I'll send you a pm with my email address, if you need the manual and other info you can reply to that and I'll send it.
I can't get to my K% at the minute as I have a load of stuff in front of it so maybe a few days for dimensions unless someone else has them but need to know which version of the K5 you have as while I think the early splayed leg model planer was the same I can't remember. The cover in any event is simple bent sheet metal and it won't be too difficult to make something up as you have almost zero chance of getting a spare.

The table extension was not standard, it was an optional extra, I have it and it is useful but you'll need to make one up and likewise the bobbin sanders were optional though you might well find a kit with the appropriate dia bore on ebay, alternatively a larger bore and sleeve it out with top hat washers.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks as though the cover plate over the planer drive on the side is missing, easy enough to make something up as it needs covering. I sent you a pm after your first post but never received an email from you, I'll send it again and if you want copies of literature and manual etc. you'll need to send me an email.

Bob