Kity K5 Planer Cover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfitter

Reaction score
hi guys i won the auction and now own a kity k5 just a couple things missing ie: side cover to planer, extension table for saw, and rubber sanding drum, does any one have the dimensions of side cover so i can make one and any ware i can get the other parts i mentioned thanks

hi guys i won the auction and now own a kity k5 just a couple things missing ie: side cover to planer, extension table for saw, and rubber sanding drum, does any one have the dimensions of side cover so i can make one and any ware i can get the other parts i mentioned thanks
Hi
I'll send you a pm with my email address, if you need the manual and other info you can reply to that and I'll send it.
I can't get to my K% at the minute as I have a load of stuff in front of it so maybe a few days for dimensions unless someone else has them but need to know which version of the K5 you have as while I think the early splayed leg model planer was the same I can't remember. The cover in any event is simple bent sheet metal and it won't be too difficult to make something up as you have almost zero chance of getting a spare.

The table extension was not standard, it was an optional extra, I have it and it is useful but you'll need to make one up and likewise the bobbin sanders were optional though you might well find a kit with the appropriate dia bore on ebay, alternatively a larger bore and sleeve it out with top hat washers.

that is what i have just wondering what i am missing ?
1284.jpg
1267.jpg
1285.jpg
1276.jpg

Attachments

• 1266.jpg
    1266.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1274.jpg
    1274.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 1281.jpg
    1281.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 1278.jpg
    1278.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 7
  • 1283.jpg
    1283.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 1273.jpg
    1273.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 8
Looks as though the cover plate over the planer drive on the side is missing, easy enough to make something up as it needs covering. I sent you a pm after your first post but never received an email from you, I'll send it again and if you want copies of literature and manual etc. you'll need to send me an email.

Bob

Hi Barfitter, I bought a K5 recently too, looks like you maybe got three belts with yours... do you know what the belt dimensions are for the planer and the spindle moulder please? I've got an 810mm belt which I think is for the saw, but think I need new belts for the other two functions kind regards Mike

Back