Kity Combi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a Kitty Bestcombi 2000. I absolutely love this machine. The only problem I have with mine is that when I go to use the planer/thicknesser the motor wont turn the blades to begin with. I normally push the cylinder with a bit of wood to coax it and thereafter it'll start perfectly all day. I did a bit of research and from what I understand, I think it could be that the large capacitor needs changing.

I also had issues with the capacitor in my Bestcombi 2000. It started buzzing and wouldn’t turn the machine over when I went to start it. I posted about this on the forum and somebody messaged me with the most amazing step by step instructions which made it a doddle to fix with the replacement capacitor being pretty cheap. I will see if I can find the original thread and forward it on.

As promised heres the update. Collected my Direct drive yesterday and arrived back on the west coast of Ireland at 07.00 this morning 1650KLMs later! No wonder the planer wasn't working the pulley for the belt drive is missing! I suspect the electromagnet for that is duff

Last edited:
Well I collected it and it looks in pretty good order, the electromagnetic coil for the Planer/Thicknesser is goosed, so if anyone has info on these or even an old one I'd be interested. My friend who fiddles with all things electrical and rewinds old magnetos etc is a bit afraid of it and would love a burnt out one to look at before he goes at mine. Can I also pick brains about the pulleys for the saw and spindle moulder, what should they look like? Mine are very pitted and rough, looks almost as though they had some sort of covering on them that has worn off, should they be bright metal? BTW mine came with all the manuals etc for the Kity 704 Direct Drive so if anyone wants info give me a shout.

Attachments

• 20220130_153659.jpg
    20220130_153659.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220130_153916.jpg
    20220130_153916.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4
Latest news, Collected it and sure enough the electromagnetic clutch for the planer/thicknesser had failed. Currently being rewound. I have to wait for the guy doing it to get the wire delivered. Hopefully will be done in the next couple of weeks and I'll report back again. I see another one on ebay today made £560 that doesnt work at all and another in full working order made £930 in December. Mine cost me £400 so reasonable value.

These are the pulleys after a good brushing, the surface is very rough and certainly doesn't have any dome on it to keep a flat belt central. Can anyone help on what finish are on the pulleys, BTW this is on my 1985??? Direct drive. I suspect a coating of some sort was on the pulleys from new but no idea what. It had totally degraded and was just a dusty rough coating.,,

Attachments

• 20220206_195845.jpg
    20220206_195845.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220206_195858.jpg
    20220206_195858.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1
Back