kity bestcombi 2000 planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colin allen

Reaction score
hi all, i'm a new member of this forum site and i would appreciate a bit of help that i haven't been able to get from the manufacturer of my m/c.
my bestcombi is a bout 10 years old and due to some negligence at some time or other i have had to replace the infeed and outfeed roller bearings on the planer thicknesser. when i stripped the p/t down i found bits and pieces of the bearings all round plus a small amount of damage to one of the tables.
my problem is even though i have the tech drawing of the p/t to hand it doesn't tell one how to fit the bearings. once the pressure springs are in place it puts the bearings under great pressure, the tables cannot be re-fitted. i am obviously doing something wrong but i cannot see it. i am retired from work now but for nearly 20 years i worked in some form of engineering or another and i know something is wrong .
perhaps ther is some good person out there who can help me with a memory jog so tha i can get back to doing stuff again
thanks for reading my rubbish
colin allen

Back