KITY 638 240V Planer blowing fuses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molwage

Reaction score
I have just taken delivery of a new KITY 638 240V Planer Thicknesser. I installed it an wired it up with 1.5 mm solid core wire (approx 4 m long). However, it keeps blowing the 13 A fuse in the plug as it starts up. I cannot find any reason for this. The motor turns freely etc.

Any advice/ideas?

Thanks in advance

Martin

I would say it's drawing too many amps for some reason, try loosening some nuts and bolts and then retighten them making sure there is no stress on the drive (assuming it's direct) if it still does the same, get a replacement.

Regards,

Rich.

It's specified at 2600 Watts, with a slow spin up, allowing for voltage variations plus manufacturers tolerances in motor production it may well need a 16 Amp supply.

Roy.

Martin, if its any help when I got my Kity637 I had the same problem.
They need to run off a 16amp supply which is not as bad as it seems, you need a qualified sparky to change one of your breakers in your fuse board and change the plug and socket to the correct ones.
Had no problems with mine since then apart from changing the knives,which is a whole new story!!!
Hope this is of some use.
Regards,Mark.

it very well maybe be it needs a 16 amp supply, and dont forget it was cold this morning! my ras was a little reluctant to run

Why 1.5mm2? Try it with 2.5mm2 - the voltage drop won't be helping.

Hi,

Solid core wire! I hope its bolted down it won't take long to snap if you are moving it about.

Pete

Back