Kity 636 planer/thicknesser manual & parts list?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, not as yet, the pt is stuck in a corner of a shed some 200 miles away at the moment , was planning to bring it home soon but I have more facilities there than here (Metalworking lathe,welding, etc) to work on it. Will be up there in the next couple of weeks and I'll take some picks (that'll make you laugh!) and attempt to post them.

A while ago my mate said he knew some one who was chucking out a couple planers. When I got there they were left out side in the rain
7u3amute.jpg

8equtu5y.jpg

Turns out one of them was a kity 637 that had completely chewed the motor shaft and also had mangled all the cogs. I didn't need another planer so just took apart all the pieces to use for bits. Only had a quick look but cant see a fence- I'll have a better look tonight idave :wink: the other planer left outside was a axminster thicknesser. All that needed was 4 new cogs to operate the rise and fall- only cost a tenner for the cogs :p

Hi Coley,
I don't suppose you (or anyone else reading this?) has got a spare sawdust/shavings extraction funnel for the 636 or 637?
I've got the 636 but no funnel and whilst I could possibly make one, like most people, my problem is time with loads of other more productive and fun stuff to do....!
Cheers

Teddy I remember seeing the funnel bit but just found it fitted to chop saw extraction
re9a6y2a.jpg

Ive got this part it was attached to
hyry3a5u.jpg

Dave I've had a look at found these which might do the job
3e7u4e5a.jpg

Not sure if that funny looking thing on top the paint tin is the bracket you speak of ?

Looks good!, although the fence is different to a 3636, I think its very similar to the 2636. I recon if Ground my existing bracketry off, that would bolt on a peach. The probability is quite high that the infeed table height adjuster has the same spline drive as well! The little alloy bracket that has broken, about 1"x2", that bolts to the side of the outfeed table, is all part of the arm and safety guard that hangs over the cutter block.

Hi Coley
Your middle photo looks to me like the sawdust/shavings extraction hood part which I might be able to adapt to fit my 636.
If so (and if you have no further use for it) would you be willing to part with it for a fee?
Thanks very much....

Teddy":3qzg4c1t said:
Hi Coley
Your middle photo looks to me like the sawdust/shavings extraction hood part which I might be able to adapt to fit my 636.
If so (and if you have no further use for it) would you be willing to part with it for a fee?
Thanks very much....
If you pm me you address I'll get a quote for posting. Its such a random shape that I doubt I'll ever adapt it for anything ;)

Teddy, I posted the bit you requested yesterday by the cheapest slowest method I could find ;-)- hope it arrives before the rest of it rusts out :lol:

idave, ive moved the bits from work to the boot of my car - I'll drop them off when im passing ;)

Hi Coley - That's fantastic! - Thanks very much, it's really decent of you - I'll let you know how it fits up when I get it.
Cheers
Teddy

Morning guys,
I know this is an old thread but I picked a 636 up yesterday, and would be interested in a copy of the manual that has been shared around if someone could oblige :)
Regards,
Chris.

Hi folks, I am resurrecting this thread as I too have acquired an old 636 and need a users manual. I found one online which was just in French and as I dont speak French it was limited value. If anyone has. PDF of one I'd be really grateful.
Thanks, Mike

Pm me your email address, I've just found the one that was sent through to me, the manual isn't great but is interesting to see, any other questions just ask.
Regards,
Chris.

Evening all......well this is my first post.....I've been renovating a house and bought an old ( 1989 if the plate is to be believed) but new and unused Kity 3 636 PT......and as seems to be the situation generally, I cant find a manual......they are easy to find for the later model but that doesnt really help much......
The urgent thing, is that I cant find a means to adjust the thicknessing height.....unless it is the splined shaft that has no handle with the machine? And there is a hand wheel on the right hand side that seems to be mounted in a blanking plug and does nothing.......
Can anyone throw any light my way please? I have some ledge and brace doors to make and a huge pile of kiln dried oak boards to deal with !!!
I've also been lucky enough to get myself a De Walt router table, bench saw and radial axis chop saw, so I do intend to do more in the future.......

Welcome to the forum.

You need to notch up at least 3 posts to enable your private mail (PM) facility. (Read the basic instructions).

When you've done that, send me (by PM) an e mail address and I'll let you have a manual in PDF.

There isn't much in it, but it should identify the various parts.
After that post questions on this forum.

All best

Back