kity 619: what's the catch?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerdeira

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at a new tablesaw and I'm seriously considering the kity 619:

- it can cope with a 280mm blade
- has more output power than a regular 10" TS
- comes with a 2m sliding carriage
- has a fold down right wing extension which is good for my limited size workshop

all this for about the same price as the much touted xcalibur and much cheaper than the jet supersaw.

since there's no free lunch I'm quite suspicious of its build quality.

is it accurate? i mean, the rip fence and the sliding table.
does anyone who owns one recommend it?

BTW a couple more questions for the owners:
- are the mitre slots "american standard" ie. 3/4"x3/8"?
- can the rip fence be used on the left of the blade? (useful for some angled cuts)

thanks.

I have a Kity 619, got it secondhand last year, think it's about 15 years old. It's a great saw, the sliding carriage is superb and very adjustable and the fence can be placed either side of the blade. Can't tell you what width the mitre slots are off the top of my head though

I've got the much smaller K419 and agree about the build quality...pretty good in my estimation - Rob

I had a 619 and the only fault I had was the fence would sometimes stick and not glide also it would occasionally go out of true meaning I could never rely on it without checking, make sure you try one out before you buy...

One other thing is if you use a 280mm blade it won't fully lower into the base which is a pain if you also use the saw as a bench at times like me!

I had the 419 and it was pretty good. i sold it becasue the teeth on the blade tilt mechanism stripped!

I subsequently bought the Axminster 10" saw which is as good as any Xcalibre I've seen (4) and costs around £4-500 less than the Xcalibre. Oh, and it has a huge sliding table (which I sold on)

IMO there isn't anything wrong with the kity
good reviews in all mags and I have the smaller version which does all I want it to.
Do you need a cast iron table?

Go for it.

Mike

Back